Valentine’s Day is on its way and we know that it can be tricky to plan the perfect day to celebrate that special someone. Be it a new flame, a long-time love or your best friend, we’ve got 16 romantic ideas for how to spend Valentine’s Day right here in Surrey, BC.
North Surrey / Guildford
1. Love is in the air at Ruex Café & Bar. Inspired by Melbourne, Australia, Ruex brings Australian cuisine to the heart of Surrey’s downtown. This Valentine’s Day, Ruex is offering a delicious, and intimate, 3-course dinner special, available February 14 only.
2. Rediscover childhood joy at Central City Fun Park. Metro Vancouver’s largest indoor amusement park has mini-golf, roller skating (couples skate anyone?), bowling and classic arcade games.
3. Book a romantic night at the Michelin-rated Civic Hotel or Sheraton Vancouver Guildford and enjoy the mouth-watering Valentine’s menus being offered in their in-house restaurants. Each restaurant is offering three-course menus featuring locally sourced and seasonal dishes.
4. Serenade the one you love, or try a romantic duet, at the K Pop Karaoke Pub. Choose from a wide range of contemporary North American songs and classic K-Pop songs.
5. Head to Mainland Whisky for the ultimate date night and play Name that Tune – ‘Love song’ edition. Hosted by Donny M Whisky, enjoy an evening of great music, delicious food, awesome drinks, and prizes. (tickets required)
6. Watch a spectacular sunset over Boundary Bay at Crescent Beach while dining on a classic Italian meal at Cotto al Mare. The set menu for February 14 includes a choice of appetizers and mains, with their delicious cannoli for dessert.
7. Go for a romantic stroll in enchanting Redwood Park and discover the hundreds of colourful, tiny fairy houses hanging from branches, perching on logs and hidden among the foliage of the forest floor.
8. Tap Restaurant marries downtown class with neighbourhood comfort. Farm-to-table ingredients are highlighted in French-inspired West Coast cuisine at this cosy and inviting establishment. Book quickly as their Valentine’s menu sells out every year
9. Try something new this Valentine’s Day and check out the action at Bad Axe Throwing. It’s exactly as it sounds, throwing axes (with instructions) at targets. It’s not as easy as it sounds, but who knows, you may hit a bull’s eye with your date.
10. The Old Surrey Restaurant is an institution and has been Surrey’s go-to upscale dining experience for over 40 years. You can’t go wrong with their indulgent Valentine’s Weekend Special menu.
11. Remember the pottery scene from the movie Ghost? Well, here is your chance to recreate it, and make something creative at the same time. This Valentine’s Day (and the weekend before) book a wheel throwing class or a hand-sculpted plate workshop, for two with Curvy Pots Handmade.
12. If adventure is what you’re seeking this Valentine’s Day, a fun idea is to take your date indoor climbing at Coastal Climbing Centre. Be the supportive partner that spots them as they climb or the competitive partner that races them to the top!
13. Nothing gets your adrenaline going like watching the horse races at the Fraser Downs Racetrack at Elements Casino, except maybe watching your own horse win. If you’ve never caught a race, you’re in for a treat. The races are fast, the horses are beautiful to watch, and the atmosphere is electric.
14. Is there anything sexier than a beautiful laugh? Share a laugh with your love at Surrey’s only comedy club, Yuk Yuks. The comedy club plays host to wildly talented comedians throughout the year, and this February 14, comedian Justin Nichol will take the stage for an in-your-face show that will have you, and your date, in stitches.
15. A great love story deserves a great dinner, and the dining experience at Clove – The Art of Dining, will not let you down. Enjoy delicious fine-dining Indian food with their ‘A Taste of Romance’ special Valentine’s menu and be sure to pair your meal with one of their creative cocktails.
16. You can’t go wrong with a sweet treat on Valentine’s Day, and the folks at Just Cakes Bakeshop have the treat to satisfy any sweet tooth. Choose from a dazzling assortment of pastries, cupcakes, cookies, macarons, and cake … in a jar. Or order their new Cream Puff Flight, which includes a mini strawberry cream puff, chocolate cream puff and raspberry cream puff.